SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR DOJO TRAINING
Everyone’s safety is the #1 priority at the dojo. Though some of these protocols may not be convenient, they are to keep us safe while still allowing us to practice our skills.
The Big Ones:
- Everyone must wear a mask. We encourage people to bring their own but we will have (limited) masks at the dojo.
- Social distancing will be respected. Keep your distance from others inside the dojo. Cones and gear will be set up to keep students apart during class.
- Temperature checks at the door. A non-contact thermometer will be used. If a member has a temp of 100 or higher, you will not be allowed to stay.
- Sick? Don’t come in! If you or anyone you’ve come in recent contact with have shown symptoms of being sick, please do not enter the dojo.
- Only 10 student spots will be available for training at the dojo. In-person class spots at the dojo must be reserved via ZenPlanner App (available for iOS and Android).
- If we find that classes are reaching capacity (10 students per class) then we will open a second class option.
- Additionally, we have acquired tents to set up in the back of the dojo (outside) for extra training, contingent upon weather and volume.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before class.
- Please have your child already in their gi and ready for class.
- Classes will be no-contact (we still have punching, kicking, kata, solo drills, stretching, ground drills, weapons work, and more).
- When entering/exiting the dojo mat, stay to the right to have better flow on/off the mat.
- The mats and gear will be cleaned between every class.
- All doorknobs and surfaces will be wiped down between classes.